Athletics Nova Scotia Bylaws
Objectives of the Society
The name of the Society is, "Athletics Nova Scotia".
The objects of the Society are:
- To promote, encourage, and develop the widest participation and the highest proficiency in Amateur Athletics, including Track & Field, Road Running, Marathon, Cross Country Running and Race Walking in Nova Scotia as well as regulate the sport of Amateur Athletics in Nova Scotia.
- To arrange and assist in the arrangement of courses of instruction for coaches, athletes, officials, or other interested persons in matters concerning the sport.
- To promote and assist in the promotion of provincial, national and international meets, championships, competitions, demonstrations and other events in connection with Athletics.
- In conjunction with the International Amateur Athletic Federation and Athletics Canada, to lay down and enforce rules and regulations covering all aspects of Amateur Athletics.
- To develop, select, support, and manage teams of Athletics Nova Scotia athletes, coaches and support personal to represent Nova Scotia effectively in National and International competitions.
- To assist with the identification and development of Track and Field facilities and courses for Road Running, Marathon, Cross Country Running and Race Walking throughout the Province of Nova Scotia and in particular, to ensure that suitable facilities are available for the hosting of Provincial and National Championships and International Mee